Teacher-Early Childhood Education
Foothills is looking for a Teacher to assist with the administration and delivery of programs, all while maintaining a safe recreational and learning environment for the children. The Teacher must demonstrate leadership skills, be a positive role model to the children and have effective communication and interpersonal skills when working with the children, parents, and supervisors. The Teacher must be organized, creative with class projects and have a genuine interest in working with children. Must be available 11:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. This position is part-time, nonexempt and offers excellent recreation benefits.
RATE: $14.50 per hour
* Responsible for the care and safety of the children: ensuring that children are in a safe environment at all times (supervises area effectively).
* Develop and instruct curriculum: prepare and/or implement lesson plans, monthly calendars, and newsletters: plan, teach and evaluate both long and short range activities in accordance with curriculum objectives, developmentally appropriate practice and program philosophy. Engage in active and sedentary indoor and outdoor lessons, games and activities with the children both on-site and on field trips, and serves as a role model participant.
* Asses the social, intellectual, emotional and physical needs and learning levels of children enrolled in the program. Monitor progress of each child.
* Assist in daily set-up and delivery of program by organizing activities, snacks, restroom routines, playground supervision, pool supervision, and rest time; maintains a clean and orderly environment; safeguards program supplies and materials.
* Use positive behavior reinforcement and developmentally-appropriate guidance techniques to encourage appropriate behavior, informs supervisor if assistance is needed with behavior management, provides documentation of inappropriate behavior.
* Develop and actively maintain positive communication with parents, children, school and administrative staff. Provide information to parents concerning their children’s development, abilities, and areas of concern: explains program procedures and classroom activities, and serves as a program liaison.
* Complete and maintain children’s files, reports, records, and other documents, and collect forms and information from parents/guardians as required by the program; maintain confidentiality of child and parent information.
* Attend and participate in staff meetings, trainings, and site events as requested.
* Report incidents of suspected child abuse to proper authorities.
* Attend work on a regular, reliable and punctual basis; subs for co-workers when available; is responsible for securing substitutes for shifts unable to work.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Incumbents may be required to follow any other instructions, and to perform any other related duties, as may be required.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be 21+
- Bachelor’s degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Child Psychology or Special Education. OR
- Associate’s degree in Child Development or Early Childhood Education and six (6) months of verified experience working with children in a child development program.
- Must meet appropriate Group Leader requirements/qualifications and provide all documentation as required by the State of Colorado’s Department of Human Services upon hire.
- Possession of current certifications in CPR, First Aid, and Universal Precautions.
- Complete 15 hours training annually.
- Satisfactory criminal background check including Colorado Bureau of Investigations and TRAILS/Central Registry criminal record review as required by the Colorado Department of Social Services within 5 working days of employment.
- Provide all documentation as required by the State of Colorado Child Care Licensing Division upon hire.
As a Foothills employee, you will enjoy:
* Competitive pay
* Flexible schedule
* Training and promotion from within
* FREE use of our recreation/fitness centers, swimming pools, and ice arena
* Discounts on recreation classes and golf
Creating Community, Enhancing Health, Inspiring Play! We fulfill our mission by providing a variety of recreational services, programs and activities for both youth and adults. We operate three recreation centers, two golf courses, a two-sheet ice arena, swimming pools, and two indoor sports facilities. In addition, we maintain 68 park sites and over 30 miles in trails. Joining our team means you will contribute to the well-being of your community.