Trip Leader - Fitness/Senior Programs - Part-Time
Under the close supervision of the Fitness Specialist, this position is responsible for driving a Foothills van or mini-bus, chaperoning active senior adults on trips and hikes, and keeping accurate records.. The position will begin work at a variety of locations including Foothills facilities and hike club destinations and will require shifts ranging morning to evening hours and occasional weekends.
RATE: $10.20 per hour
* Complete required pre and post trip inspections and reports to ensure vans or mini-buses are in safe operating condition. Checks fluids and tires on vans before starting; conducts inspections before, during and after operation to note damage or defects including body damage, tires, lights, instruments, brakes, and other equipment.
* Maintain a mileage sheet.
* Familiarize self with planned trails or excursion destinations prior to trip or hike.
* Drive vehicle safely and in compliance with all traffic regulations.
* Provide assistance to all passengers boarding, riding and exiting. Operate restraints for passenger safety and comfort. Regulate heating, cooling, lighting, and ventilating systems for passenger comfort.
* Promote positive patron relations by greeting passengers in a pleasant and courteous manner and communicating planned activity, meeting times, etc. Secure and turn in articles found in vehicle.
* Organize and chaperone patrons, record attendance & verify the count of participants prior to departure or start of hikes, during transitions & at the end of activities. Provide assistance as needed.
* Make suggestions, provide summaries and required paperwork to Fitness Specialist including but not limited to attendance, concerns, patron feedback, safety; report accidents, hazards, and other circumstances requiring attention.
* Recognize emergency and dangerous situations by reacting quickly and calmly; administer first aid complete incident reports as needed.
* Respond to public inquiries in a courteous manner; provide information within the area of assignment; resolve complaints in an efficient and timely manner.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other agencies and the public.
* Attend work on a regular, reliable and punctual basis for a variety of shifts, morning to evening and occasional weekends.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Incumbents may be required to follow any other instructions, and to perform any other related duties, as may be required.
* Must be 21+
* Graduation from high school or completion of GED and 1 year experience with the safe operation of buses, passenger van, or other motorized vehicles in a variety of weather conditions. Training on highway safety rules and regulations.
* Experience with hiking, outdoor activities, leadership and working with active older adults preferred.
* Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License. Must be insurable by the District carrier at the onset and for the duration of employment.
* CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
As a Foothills employee, you will enjoy:
* Competitive pay
* Flexible schedule
* Training and promotion from within
* FREE use of our recreation/fitness centers, swimming pools, and ice arena
* Discounts on recreation classes and golf
Creating Community, Enhancing Health, Inspiring Play! We fulfill our mission by providing a variety of recreational services, programs and activities for both youth and adults. We operate three recreation centers, two golf courses, a two-sheet ice arena, swimming pools, and two indoor sports facilities. In addition, we maintain 68 park sites and over 30 miles in trails. Joining our team means you will contribute to the well-being of your community.