Foothills is seeking a highly motivated individual with a passion for System Administration. This is a full-time position responsible for effective installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure including VMware virtual environment (compute and SAN storage), LAN and WAN, Wi-Fi, Firewall/Filtering, Exchange E-mail, Active Directory and Telecommunications.
About the Position:
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Participates in the development of the department budget and capital needs.
- Responsible for the maintenance, operation and planning of the District’s information and technology needs including servers, SAN storage, virtual environment, email, data backup and recovery, data security, VoIP system, and telecommunications.
- Installs, maintains and monitors the operation of the District’s wide area networks (WAN), internal networking equipment (Cisco, Meraki, and Dell switches) and wireless infrastructure (Cisco Meraki and Ubiquiti).
- Troubleshoots complex problems to avoid costly down-time and service outages.
- Ensure adherence to security procedures by recommending and implementing LAN policies and standards.
- Maintain, configure, upgrade and ensure the integrity of the District’s computer hardware, software, VoIP and voice mail systems.
- Maintain secured web-based applications and SQL Server databases for various applications used by staff and customers.
- Responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining all systems; VMware ESXi 6.5, Dell Equallogic SAN, Microsoft Server (2003/2008/2012/2016), application servers, Microsoft Exchange Server 2013, Microsoft Exchange Server 2016, database servers (SQL 2005/2008/2012/2017), DNS, NPS, DHCP, Active Directory, Microsoft VPN, Remote Desktop Services, Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
- Monitor all systems, servers and networking devices via PRTG or other monitoring software.
- Assist with desktop support (Windows 7, Windows 10) and desktop applications (Office 2016, browsers, etc)
- Responds to helpdesk tickets in a timely manner.
- Develops, recommends, and implements information systems policies and procedures.
- Manage compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
- Responds during off duty hours for emergencies as part of on-call rotation.
- Manage and develop direct reporting staff.
Our ideal candidate will have:
Thorough knowledge of computers systems, virtual environment (storage and compute), and networks and the ability to maintain such systems. Knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol suite. Ability to install, maintain and troubleshoot cabling, patch panels, switches (layer 2 and layer 3).
- Ethernet network architecture experience
- Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS experience is required
- Microsoft Exchange Server experience is required
- VMware experience is required
- Wireless technology experience is required
- Cisco networking experience is desired
- iSCSI SAN storage experience is desired
- VoIP experience is desired
- Deploying and/or managing Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains experience is desired
- Five years of experience in providing technical assistance and support for infrastructure systems and in the installation and maintenance of LAN/WAN network systems.
- Certifications in Network and Server Administration. (VCP / Network+ or CCNA / MCSA or MCSE desired).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional weekend and evening work may be required. On call for server maintenance.
Salary Range: $65,730 to $83,699
As a Foothills employee, you will enjoy:
* Competitive pay
* Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Life and 401K benefits
* Paid time off and 9 paid holidays
* FREE use of our recreation/fitness centers, swimming pools, and ice arena for the employee and their spouse & children
* Discounts on recreation classes and golf