Park Maintenance Full-Time (Irrigation Specific)
The primary role for this position is to maintain and repair the irrigation systems specific to Urban Parks. This position is responsible for diagnosing and troubleshooting irrigation related problems; installing, programming, and repairing many types and models of irrigation controllers including, but not limited to mechanical, digital and radio/computer controlled systems. Knowledge working with solenoid valves, mechanical valves and irrigation heads of all types, water lines, pumps, backflows devices and other plumbing equipment needed. This equipment can sometimes be buried underground and must be excavated to be maintained, the employee should have experience operating heavy equipment (i.e. backhoe).About You
Our ideal candidate will have:
* Graduation from high school or completion of GED.
* Four (4) years labor experience in park or landscape maintenance, horticulture, forestry or a closely related field, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Two (2) years experience operating commercial landscape equipment.
* One (1) year experience as a crew leader preferred.
* Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
* Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License or the ability to obtain one within thirty (30) days of employment. Must be insurable by the District carrier at the onset and for the duration of employment.
* Possession of current certification in one of the following within 6 months of hire:
* C.D.L. Class A or Class B
* Landscape Irrigation Auditor
* Cross Connection Control
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT USED:
* Requires extensive knowledge of the methods, materials, tools, and equipment involved in the development and maintenance of landscaped areas and turf and sports turf practices. Requires knowledge of the chemical and cultural controls for disease, including certification for and the proper usage of agrochemicals, fertilizers, and other soil additives. Requires knowledge of the operation of irrigation systems.
* Ability to operate a variety of power, hand tools, and landscape maintenance heavy equipment such as, mowers, backhoes, aerators, etc.
As a Foothills employee, you will enjoy:
* Competitive pay
* Flexible schedule
* Training and promotion from within
* FREE use of our recreation/fitness centers, swimming pools, and ice arena
* Discounts on recreation classes and golf
Creating Community, Enhancing Health, Inspiring Play! We fulfill our mission by providing a variety of recreational services, programs and activities for both youth and adults. We operate three recreation centers, two golf courses, a two-sheet ice arena, swimming pools, and two indoor sports facilities. In addition, we maintain 68 park sites and over 30 miles in trails. Joining our team means you will contribute to the well-being of your community.