Facility Maintenance Mechanic – Refrigeration and/or HVAC Experience Required
This position will perform skilled maintenance, repair, and renovation tasks to keep assigned buildings, facilities, swimming pools, or grounds. The area assigned must be kept orderly, clean, safe, and secure, with all related systems and equipment operating effectively. Building maintenance and construction trades include carpentry, plumbing, roofing, painting, electrical work, and HVAC systems. This position requires a pager to be carried for "on call" services, including weekends on a rotating basis.
* Perform skilled maintenance, repair and renovation of District buildings, facilities and equipment; perform skilled duties in a variety of building maintenance and construction trades including HVAC, carpentry, plumbing, roofing, painting, masonry, locksmith and other trades.
* Service and repair HVAC systems with pneumatic and electrical motor controls. Interprets information displayed in Iconics automation software to troubleshoot and diagnose problems with HVAC equipment.
* Design, construct, repair and refinish cabinets and woodwork; perform carpentry duties, including construction of walls; repair and replace sheetrock and perform other general carpentry duties.
* Design and draft blueprints and working drawings for remodels, cabinets, sidewalks, stairs and various projects.
* Assist and coordinate with other departments for remodeling and space upgrades; may serve as crew leader for projects as directed.
* Remove, repair and install a variety of flooring including vinyl flooring, carpeting, ceramic tile, cover base and linoleum.
* Repair and maintain plumbing fixtures including hot water heaters, irrigations systems, valves, pipes, drains, sinks, toilets, faucets, and related equipment.
* Perform masonry duties including construction, repair and replacement of a variety of roofing materials.
* Construct and repair concrete sidewalks, stairs, footings and walls; build forms, pour and finish concrete.
* Responsible for the electrical distribution systems; troubleshoot and perform electrical repairs and replacements including wiring, fixtures, switches, controls, motors and pumps.
* Perform locksmithing duties; assist department heads and vendors to establish and secure a keying system; maintain lock and key inventory.
* Prepare surfaces for painting; mix, blend and apply paint to match or cover interior or exterior surfaces; work on ladders or scaffolding as needed.
* Perform the operation, adjustment, and repair of air conditioning and heating units and components.
* Responsible for swimming pool maintenance by performing proper repairs, chemical balance and filtration problems.
* Maintain and prepare records related to work performed including timesheets, inventories, work orders, preventive maintenance, key system records and inspection records.
* Operate a variety of equipment including hand and power tools utilized in the various trades; operate various equipment and machinery.
* Move office equipment and furniture as needed.
* Inspects facilities for security, safety or needed repairs and takes appropriate action.
* Responds to off duty hours for emergencies.
Education and/or Experience:
Graduation from high school or completion of GED and four years of semi-skilled or skilled labor experience in the field of building or facility maintenance. Knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, mechanical, electrical wiring, painting, carpet and linoleum laying and repair, HVAC, and related tools and equipment.
* Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License or the ability to obtain one within thirty (30) days of employment. Must be insurable by the District carrier at the onset and for the duration of employment.
* Possession of current certification in one of the following upon hire:
* Sheet Metal
* Knowledge of controls and building automation systems.
* Possession of current certifications in Boiler, CFC, CPO/AFO preferred.
As a Foothills employee, you will enjoy:
* Competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, 401k, and paid time off
* Flexible schedule
* Training and promotion from within
* FREE use of our recreation/fitness centers, swimming pools, and ice arena
* Discounts on recreation classes and golf
Creating Community, Enhancing Health, Inspiring Play! We fulfill our mission by providing a variety of recreational services, programs and activities for both youth and adults. We operate three recreation centers, two golf courses, a two-sheet ice arena, swimming pools, and two indoor sports facilities. In addition, we maintain 68 park sites and over 30 miles in trails. Joining our team means you will contribute to the well-being of your community.