Part-Time Bus Driver
Foothills is seeking Bus Drivers during the school year for Middle School Sports (MSSP) teams. This position is responsible for driving busses and/or vans in a safe manner while being courteous to staff and patrons. Individual will drive for various District groups including but not limited to: summer day camp locations, day trip destinations, and youth sports games/practice. The job may require shifts ranging from morning to evening hours and weekends. This position is seasonal, nonexempt, and offers excellent recreation benefits.
Shifts range from 3-5 hours, 0-4 shifts per week, starting around 2:00pm. The driving schedule is dependent upon the MSSP schedule and team numbers.
Cross Country & Flag Football: Sep 10 - Oct 11
Volleyball: Nov 5 - Dec 20
Basketball: Jan 28 - Mar 15
Track & Field: Apr 16 - MAY 21
RATE: $17.00 per hour (Year round driver - $18.00 per hour)
Our ideal candidate will have:
* Complete DOT required pre and post trip inspections and reports to ensure that the buses are in safe operating condition. Checks fluids and tires on buses and/or vans before starting: conducts inspections before, during and after operation to note damage or defects including body damage, tires, radiator, lights, instruments, brakes, radio, and other equipment.
* Maintain a mileage sheet.
* Plan routes to be efficient and cost-effective routes, unless Program Specialist requests a different route. Notifies appropriate individuals of any delays in scheduled route.
* Drive vehicle safely and in compliance with all traffic regulations.
* Provide assistance to all passengers boarding, riding and exiting. Operate wheelchair lifts and restraints for passenger safety and comfort. Regulate heating, cooling, lighting, and ventilating systems for passenger comfort.
* During layover time at a destination, remain at location unless otherwise arranged.
* Promote positive passenger relations by greeting passengers in a pleasant and courteous manner. Secure and turn in articles found in vehicle.
* Make suggestions to supervisor on safety improvements: report accidents, hazards, and other circumstances requiring attention.
* Establish and maintain professional relationships with other District personnel, program participants and the general public.
* Participate in the cleaning of the vehicles; uses power washer to clean buses and vans, sweeps vehicles, and empties waste baskets.
* May at times assist group leaders with supervisory duties.
* May train others for CDL.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* Must be at least twenty-three (23) years of age.
* Graduation from high school or completion of GED and one (1) year experience with the safe operation of buses, passenger van, or other motorized vehicles in a variety of weather conditions. Training on highway safety rules and regulations.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
* Must possess and maintain a valid Commercial Driver’s License, a minimum of class B, with a P2 endorsement and no air brake restrictions. Must be insurable by the District carrier at the onset and for the duration of employment.
* Must pass a DOT pre-employment drug test and physical.
* Current certifications in AED/CPR and First Aid or the ability to obtain such certifications within sixty (60) days of employment.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT USED:
* Bus, van, or car; fuel pumps; wheelchair lifts: power washer and hand tools used in the maintenance of transportation vehicles: phone: two-way radio: computer.
As a Foothills employee, you will enjoy:
* Competitive pay
* Flexible schedule
* Training and promotion from within
* FREE use of our recreation/fitness centers, swimming pools, and ice arena
* Discounts on recreation classes and golf
Creating Community, Enhancing Health, Inspiring Play! We fulfill our mission by providing a variety of recreational services, programs and activities for both youth and adults. We operate three recreation centers, two golf courses, a two-sheet ice arena, swimming pools, and two indoor sports facilities. In addition, we maintain 68 park sites and over 30 miles in trails. Joining our team means you will contribute to the well-being of your community.