Full-Time Facility Maintenance Technician - Licensed (HVAC Experience Required - Full-Time)
Under the supervision of the Facility Maintenance Leader, this position will perform skilled maintenance, repair, and renovation tasks to keep assigned buildings, facilities, swimming pools, or grounds. The area assigned must be kept orderly, clean, safe, and secure, with all related systems and equipment operating effectively. Building maintenance and construction trades include carpentry, plumbing, roofing, painting, electrical work, and HVAC systems. This position requires a pager to be carried for "on call" services, including weekends on a rotating basis.
RATE: $40,137 to $43,679 USD per year ($19.00 - $21.00 hourly)
* Perform skilled maintenance, repair and renovation of District buildings, facilities and equipment; perform skilled duties in a variety of building maintenance and construction trades including HVAC, carpentry, plumbing, roofing, painting, masonry, locksmith and other trades.
* Researches and coordinates contracted construction and repair projects.
* Schedule installations, coordinate equipment and material purchase.
* Service and repair HVAC systems with pneumatic and electrical motor controls. Interprets information displayed in Iconics automation software to troubleshoot and diagnose problems with HVAC equipment.
* Design, construct, repair and refinish cabinets and woodwork; perform carpentry duties, including construction of walls; repair and replace sheetrock and perform other general carpentry duties.
* Assist and coordinate with other departments for remodeling and space upgrades; may serve as crew leader for projects as directed.
* Remove, repair and install a variety of flooring including vinyl flooring, carpeting, ceramic tile, cover base and linoleum.
* Repair and maintain plumbing fixtures including hot water heaters, valves, pipes, drains, sinks, toilets, faucets, and related equipment.
* Perform masonry duties including construction, repair and replacement of a variety of roofing materials.
* Construct and repair concrete sidewalks, stairs, footings and walls; build forms, pour and finish concrete.
* Responsible for the electrical distribution systems; troubleshoot and perform electrical repairs and replacements including wiring, fixtures, switches, controls, motors and pumps.
* Perform locksmithing duties; assist department heads and vendors to establish and secure a keying system; maintain lock and key inventory.
* Prepare surfaces for painting; mix, blend and apply paint to match or cover interior or exterior surfaces; work on ladders or scaffolding as needed.
* Perform the operation, adjustment, and repair of air conditioning and heating units and components.
* Responsible for swimming pool maintenance by performing proper repairs, chemical balance and filtration problems.
* Maintain and prepare records related to work performed including timesheets, inventories, work orders, preventive maintenance, key system records and inspection records.
* Operate a variety of equipment including hand and power tools utilized in the various trades; operate various equipment and machinery.
* Move office equipment and furniture as needed.
* Inspects facilities for security, safety or needed repairs and takes appropriate action.
* Responds to off duty hours for emergencies.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Incumbents may be required to follow any other instructions, and to perform any other related duties, as may be required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Graduation from high school or completion of GED and four (4) years of semi-skilled or skilled labor experience in the field of building or facility maintenance. Knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, mechanical, electrical wiring, painting, carpet and linoleum laying and repair, HVAC, and related tools and equipment.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
* Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License or the ability to obtain one within thirty (30) days of employment. Must be insurable by the District carrier at the onset and for the duration of employment.
* Knowledge of controls and building automation systems.
* Possession of current certifications in Boiler, CFC, CPO/AFO preferred.
* Possession of current certification/license in one of the following upon hire:
* Sheet Metal
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Must have working knowledge of and demonstrated skills in handling basic hand and power tools, motorized vehicles, equipment, and the ability to exercise accepted safety precautions while operating these.
Working conditions include both office and fieldwork. In the field, work will be in various environments, which may include exposure to hazards, such as high voltage motors and generators, combustible and corrosive materials, boilers, chillers and refrigerants, fumes, dusts, gasses, caustic chemical hazards and ultraviolet rays produced by Arc welding equipment. Assignments may be performed outside under adverse weather conditions (extreme heat or cold for extended periods of time, wetness and/or humidity) at dirty, wet and noisy work sites. Work occasionally involves heights requiring climbing, strenuous physical labor and physical agility.
Must be able to frequently sit, stand, walk, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, reach, lift and exhibit manual dexterity with the ability to handle objects. Must be able to occasionally push, pull or balance. Upper body strength is a requisite to lift /move a maximum of 50 pounds unassisted and lift /move a maximum of 100 pounds with assistance. Vision requirements include near acuity, far acuity, and depth perception and color vision. The position requires the sense of smell and feeling. Requires the ability to communicate both orally and in writing and execute oral and written instructions with understanding. Must have the ability to talk and hear via the telephone and through face-to-face communication.
As a Foothills employee, you will enjoy:
* Competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, 401k, and paid time off
* Flexible schedule
* Training and promotion from within
* FREE use of our recreation/fitness centers, swimming pools, and ice arena
* Discounts on recreation classes and golf
Creating Community, Enhancing Health, Inspiring Play! We fulfill our mission by providing a variety of recreational services, programs and activities for both youth and adults. We operate three recreation centers, two golf courses, a two-sheet ice arena, swimming pools, and two indoor sports facilities. In addition, we maintain 68 park sites and over 30 miles in trails. Joining our team means you will contribute to the well-being of your community.