Site Director - Full-Time
Our ideal candidate will:
Develop meaningful, multi-year relationships with staff members, children and families. In this position you’ll be responsible for coordinating the daily operation of onsite school age programs and camps; enforcing regulations; implementing and maintaining an appropriate safe recreational and learning environment for the children; supervising and training part-time staff. This position does require a split shift during the school year working 6:30 am to first bell and afterschool to 6:00pm.
* Ensure the program is in compliance with the Colorado Department of Human Services, Colorado State Licensing, Jefferson County Health Department, District Guidelines, and any other regulations or licensing standards that apply to Children’s Programs.
* Develop curriculum; prepares and/or implements lesson plans, monthly calendars, and newsletters; plans both long and short range activities in accordance with curriculum objectives, developmentally appropriate practice and program philosophy.
* Fiscally accountability for the site by familiarizing self with all aspects of the site budget to ensure that all resources are managed effectively and within budgetary constraints; collects and records payments and outstanding balances, prepares reports and monitors revenues and expenses monthly.
* Maintain appropriate staff supervision; by keeping proper staff ratios, preparing staff schedules, reviewing staff time sheets, assisting with the hiring, training and evaluating of all program personnel.
* Ensure program, rooms and play areas are maintained in a clean, orderly, and safe condition by inspecting and maintaining materials and equipment.
* Develop and actively maintain positive communication with parents, children, school and administrative staff. Provide information to parents concerning their children’s development, abilities, and areas of concern; explains program procedures and classroom activities, and serves as a program liaison. Recognize concerns, evaluate course of action and respond professionally.
* Use positive behavior reinforcement and developmentally-appropriate guidance techniques to encourage appropriate behavior, inform Program Specialist if assistance is needed with behavior management, and provide documentation of inappropriate behavior.
* Answer telephone calls, relay appropriate information regarding programs, give tours of the site, and actively recruit new children to the program by generating marketing ideas.
* Complete and maintain children’s files, reports, records, and other documents, and collect forms and information from parents/guardians as required by the program; maintain confidentiality of child and parent information.
* Attend and participate in staff meetings, trainings, and site events as requested. Share information gained in professional development classes or through research.
* Report incidents of suspected child abuse to proper authorities.
* Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
* Bachelor’s degree in Recreation, Elementary Education, Human Services or directly related field.
* Must meet appropriate Director requirements/qualifications and provide all documentation as required by the State of Colorado’s Department of Human Services upon hire.
* Possession of current certifications in CPR, First Aid, and Universal Precautions.
* Administer Medication certification preferred.
* Complete fifteen (15) hours training annually.
* Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License or the ability to obtain one within thirty (30) days of employment. Must be insurable by the District carrier at the onset and for the duration of employment. Prefer a CDL PT w/ Air Brakes Driver’s license.
* Satisfactory criminal background check including Colorado Bureau of Investigations and TRAILS/Central Registry criminal record review as required by the Colorado Department of Social Services within five (5) working days of employment.
* Provide all documentation as required by the State of Colorado Child Care Licensing Division upon hire.
As a Foothills employee, you will enjoy:
* Competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, 401k, and paid time off
* Flexible schedule
* Training and promotion from within
* FREE use of our recreation/fitness centers, swimming pools, and ice arena
* Discounts on recreation classes and golf
Creating Community, Enhancing Health, Inspiring Play! We fulfill our mission by providing a variety of recreational services, programs and activities for both youth and adults. We operate three recreation centers, two golf courses, a two-sheet ice arena, swimming pools, and two indoor sports facilities. In addition, we maintain 68 park sites and over 30 miles in trails. Joining our team means you will contribute to the well-being of your community.