Head Lifeguard - Seasonal
This position is responsible for assisting with the supervision of the day-to-day operations of the pool and lifeguard staff. Duties include supervision of staff guarding and teaching lessons, checking and maintaining proper chemical readings, and enforcing District and pool rules with staff and patrons. Head Guards are responsible for the on-site operation of the pool in the absence of the Assistant Manager or Pool Manager. They are expected to be available to handle any situations that arise. The job may require shifts ranging from opening 5:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and evening hours and weekends.
RATE: $11.75 per hour
Our ideal candidate will have:
* Any combination equivalent to: Aquatics experience, pool maintenance and/or swim instruction.
* Current certifications in Lifeguarding, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, and First Aid.
* Ability to successfully pass the District Water tests.
* Water Safety Instructor, AFO/CPO, and Lifeguard Training Instructor preferred.
* Flexibility to work shifts ranging from morning to evening hours and weekends.
* Must be at least 17 years of age at the time of application.
As a Foothills employee, you’ll enjoy:
* Competitive pay
* Flexible schedule
* Training and promotion from within
* FREE use of our recreation/fitness centers, swimming pools, and ice arena for the employee and their spouse & children
* Discounts on recreation classes and golf
Creating Community, Enhancing Health, Inspiring Play! We fulfill our mission by providing a variety of recreational services, programs and activities for both youth and adults. We operate three recreation centers, two golf courses, a two-sheet ice arena, swimming pools, and two indoor sports facilities. In addition, we maintain 68 park sites and over 30 miles in trails. Joining our team means you will contribute to the well-being of your community.