Seasonal Assistant Pool Manager
The Assistant Pool Manager is responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of the pool as well as the supervision of lifeguard staff. Duties include supervision of staff guarding and teaching lessons, checking and maintaining proper chemical readings, and enforcing District and pool rules with staff and patrons.
RATE: $12.50 per hour
- Assume direct responsibility for the overall operation and maintenance of the pool. Complete daily safety checks of pool equipment and the surrounding pool area.
- Monitor, maintain, and adjust pool filtration, mechanical, and chemical feed systems; monitor pool water chemistry through testing of water samples; knowledge and ability to troubleshoot and adjust chemistry as needed. Perform various pool maintenance functions including back-washing, cleaning baskets and filters, and vacuuming the pool.
- Manage and oversee staff by planning, scheduling (to assure adequate aquatic coverage during hours of operation and rentals), and organizing workloads and staff assignments. Monitor time sheets for staff.
- Teach and mentor new staff (i.e. swim instructors and lifeguards).
- Assume duties of a lifeguard when necessary; guarding pool area, and preventing accidents by enforcing the safety rules, policies, and regulations.
- Supervise, organize, and administer swim lesson program by assigning instructors, monitoring class sizes, canceling and combining classes in Registration; instructing classes as assigned or subbing; providing a safe learning environment, keeping accurate records, and distributing completed swimming report cards to participants.
- Recognize emergency and dangerous situations by reacting quickly and calmly. Perform lifesaving techniques as necessary including, rescue of drowning and near drowning victims, removal of victims from the water, and application of backboard procedures. Perform first aid and completes Accident/Incident report.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Any combination equivalent to: Aquatics experience including 1 year in aquatic supervision and 2 years lifeguarding, pool maintenance, and/or swim instruction.
- Must successfully pass the District Water tests.
- Possession of current certifications in Lifeguard Training, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, and First Aid.
- Water Safety Instructor, AFO/CPO, and Lifeguard Training Instructor preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application.
As a Foothills employee, you will enjoy:
* Competitive pay
* Flexible schedule
* Training and promotion from within
* FREE use of our recreation/fitness centers, swimming pools, and ice arena
* Discounts on recreation classes and golf
Creating Community, Enhancing Health, Inspiring Play! We fulfill our mission by providing a variety of recreational services, programs and activities for both youth and adults. We operate three recreation centers, two golf courses, a two-sheet ice arena, swimming pools, and two indoor sports facilities. In addition, we maintain 68 park sites and over 30 miles in trails. Joining our team means you will contribute to the well-being of your community.