Foothills is seeking a Director for the Foothills Youth Theater summer musical camp. This position is responsible for the overall direction of the full-length youth camp and performance including acting instruction, blocking, casting, and rehearsals. This position works under the direction of the Arts & Events Assistant and will work as a team with the musical director, stage manager and choreographer. Must be available for the entire camp process including auditions, rehearsals and performances.
RATE: $17.00 per hour
- Responsible for all aspects of directing full-length productions including the overall vision; holding auditions and selecting the cast/assigning parts; running rehearsals and coordinating all staff and volunteers to put on the final product. Must be hands on at each rehearsal and work with every level; adapting direction techniques to meet the needs of participants.
- Responsible for communicating effectively between the team - including artistic staff, outside contractors, volunteers etc. Utilize any support staff including Arts & Events Assistant or Stage Manager to initiate and organize these communications.
- Assigns nonperforming students and volunteers to backstage production tasks, including but not limited to constructing, painting, moving scenery, operating stage light, and sound equipment. May direct activities of students involved in constructing, painting, and lighting scenery.
- Responsible for working within the production budget, clearly communicating set, prop and costume needs in advance to the Arts & Events Supervisor.
- Be prepared, creative and energized when directing.
- Responsible for all communication between actors, parents and staff. Manage conflict among volunteers and/or staff; enforce safety and program rules, policies, and regulations.
- Respond to public inquiries in a courteous manner; provide information within the area of assignment; resolve complaints in an efficient and timely manner.
- Attend and participate in production meetings, staff meetings, training's, and orientations
As a Foothills employee, you will enjoy:
* Competitive pay
* Flexible schedule
* Training and promotion from within
* FREE use of our recreation/fitness centers, swimming pools, and ice arena
* Discounts on recreation classes and golf
Creating Community, Enhancing Health, Inspiring Play! We fulfill our mission by providing a variety of recreational services, programs and activities for both youth and adults. We operate three recreation centers, two golf courses, a two-sheet ice arena, swimming pools, and two indoor sports facilities. In addition, we maintain 68 park sites and over 30 miles in trails. Joining our team means you will contribute to the well-being of your community.