Under the supervision of the Fitness & Wellness Program Supervisor, this position is responsible for assisting in the program development and administrative work of the Fitness & Wellness Department.
- Responsible for the daily operations of the strength, conditioning, and performance program area, physical assessments, and strength, conditioning, and performance training program.
- Maintain and expand client base by coordinating team training schedules and connecting new clients with SCP trainers through use of district website, email, phone and other technologies.
- Manages client information through use of personal training software databases (BSDI and others) and by instructing training staff on how to use these systems.
- Recruit, train, schedule, supervise and evaluate the work of Strength Conditioning & Performance Staff/Trainers and interns.
- Fiscally accountability by providing input and familiarizing self with all aspects of the budget to ensure that all resources are managed effectively and within budgetary constraints. Prepare purchase orders, RFP’s, and invoice requests.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and tracking of a marketing strategy; notifying the public of District events.
- Demonstrate and assist with proper techniques, form, and use of cardiovascular, strength, conditioning & performance equipment.
- Ensure all District equipment is properly maintained and accounted for.
- Instruct a variety of fitness and wellness programs, classes and training sessions as needed.
- Administer first aid; assist in emergency medical situations. Reports all accidents and incidents.
- Prevent accidents through the enforcement of policies and rules. Adhere to facility emergency procedures by analyzing and correcting facility hazards and assist in emergency situations such as evacuations and/or medical emergencies
- Respond to public inquiries in a courteous manner; provide information within the area of assignment; resolve complaints in an efficient and timely manner.
- Communicate issues/complaints to supervisor as needed.
- Attend ALL staff meetings, training's, and orientations.
- Attend work on a regular, reliable and punctual basis.
Performs approximately 60% of the work indoors in an office setting and 40% in a fitness training environment. Must be able to work in an environment with various temperatures, poor acoustics and an array of distractions, i.e. music. May be required to work beyond normal working hours, weekends and holidays for recreation programs and special events.
Must be able to demonstrate and perform the exercises unique to Exercise Fitness. Must have the ability to bend, walk, kneel, stoop, and reach, in performance of duties. Must be able to push, pull or balance. Must be able to remain standing for an extended period of time up to a maximum of four hours. May occasionally require unassisted lifting of up to 50 pounds and assisted lifting up to 100 pounds. Vision requirements include near acuity, far acuity, and depth perception. Must have the ability to talk and hear via the telephone and through face-to-face communication.
As a Foothills employee, you will enjoy:
* Training and promotion from within
* FREE use of our recreation/fitness centers, swimming pools, and ice arena
* Discounts on recreation classes and golf
Creating Community, Enhancing Health, Inspiring Play! We fulfill our mission by providing a variety of recreational services, programs and activities for both youth and adults. We operate three recreation centers, two golf courses, a two-sheet ice arena, swimming pools, and two indoor sports facilities. In addition, we maintain 68 park sites and over 30 miles in trails. Joining our team means you will contribute to the well-being of your community.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Incumbents may be required to follow any other instructions, and to perform any other related duties, as may be required.