Under the supervision of the Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent, this position is responsible for grounds maintenance duties including maintaining greens, tees, fairways, landscaped areas and performing routine maintenance. The job may require shifts ranging from morning to evening hours, weekends and holidays.
* Perform daily golf course maintenance activities including: daily course and range set up, mowing and rolling of tees, fairways, and roughs.
* Perform specialized maintenance activities including: aeration, vertical mowing, topdressing, and overseeding of greens, tees, fairways, roughs.
* Bunker maintenance including daily raking, mowing, edging, and sand replacement.
* Maintain landscaped areas including: trees, flowerbeds, native areas, fencing.
* Check for disease and damage by inspecting the greens, tees, fairways etc. daily and takes appropriate actions.
* Controls disease and turf upkeep through the proper application of fertilizers, growth regulators, fungicides, pesticides, herbicides, and insecticides per product labeling as directed.
* Perform a variety of general grounds keeping duties including raking, weeding, trimming trees, fertilizing, transplanting trees and shrubs and pruning trees, and shrubs
* Maintains the irrigation system by performing system analysis, repairs, adjustments and installations as required.
* Train and provide work direction to assigned seasonal and part-time personnel.
* Perform minor and preventative maintenance and repair work on equipment and facilities.
* Maintain records of work performed including preventative maintenance and needed repairs.
* Operate and maintain a variety of grounds maintenance equipment and tools including tractor, truck, backhoe, overseeder, rototiller, aerator, sod cutter, jack hammer, fork lift, clipper, small hand and power tools.
* Clean and perform routine maintenance on grounds maintenance equipment and tools as well as daily maintenance center organization.
* Maintain records of work performed including preventive maintenance and needed repairs.
* Attend and participate in staff meetings, trainings, and orientations.
* Respond to public inquiries in a courteous manner; provide information within the area of assignment; resolve complaints in an efficient and timely manner.
* Correct or inform supervisor of any hazards; communicate issues/complaints to supervisor as needed.
* Assist other departments with District events as needed.
* Attend work on a regular, reliable and punctual basis.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Incumbents may be required to follow any other instructions, and to perform any other related duties, as may be required.