Figure Skating Instructor - Part-Time
We invite energetic and committed individuals to apply for Figure Skating Instructor positions. Responsibilities include teaching the fundamentals of ice-skating in a group and one-on-one setting to all ages and ability levels. Instruction must follow guidelines set by United States Figure Skating (USFS). This role explains and enforces safety, rules, and regulations. Keeps accurate records, helps coordinate events, and is responsible for keeping the Figure Skating Director and parents informed of activities and problems.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Previous figure skating coaching experience.
- Knowledge of United States Figure Skating Basic Skills program format.
- Concussion recognition training is required prior to employment and must be renewed annually.
- CPR/AED and First Aid Certifications preferred, required within 60 days of hire.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
Figure Skating Instructor I - Starting Rate $11.00
• One year experience coaching.
• Three years of skating experience.
• Successful completion of the USFS Preliminary Freestyle test, Preliminary Moves in the Field Test, or Bronze Ice Dance test.
Figure Skating Instructor II - Starting Rate $14.50
• Three years experience coaching in group and private lessons.
• Five years of skating experience.
• Successful completion of USFS Juvenile Freestyle test, Intermediate Moves in the Field Test, or Pre Silver Ice Dance Test.
Figure Skating Instructor III - Starting Rate $16.25
• Five years experience coaching in group and private lessons.
• Maintain an Active PSA Rating.
Instructor shall be a working Figure Skating Instructor with a combination of at least three of the following criteria:
• Eight years of skating experience.
• Successful completion of USFS Gold Medal in Freestyle, Moves in the Field Test, Ice Dance Test, or Pairs Test.
• Successful completion of the Professional Skaters Association Basic Accreditation Exam.
• Hold a minimum of a Professional Skaters Association Registered Rating in one specialized discipline.
As a Foothills employee, you will enjoy:
* Competitive pay
* Flexible schedule
* Training and promotion from within
* FREE use of our recreation/fitness centers, swimming pools, and ice arena
* Discounts on recreation classes and golf
Creating Community, Enhancing Health, Inspiring Play! We fulfill our mission by providing a variety of recreational services, programs and activities for both youth and adults. We operate three recreation centers, two golf courses, a two-sheet ice arena, swimming pools, and two indoor sports facilities. In addition, we maintain 68 park sites and over 30 miles in trails. Joining our team means you will contribute to the well-being of your community.