Pool Manager - Medical Benefits Offered - Part Time
The Pool Manager is responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of the pool as well as the supervision of lifeguard staff. This includes programming of lessons; completion of daily reports; promotion and scheduling of special events, birthday parties, group rates, and other programs; and scheduling, supervising, and mentoring staff. This position is part-time and offers medical and excellent recreation benefits. The schedule will be 35+ hours a week and may be required to work daytime shifts, evenings, and/or weekends.
RATE: $12.50 per hour
* Assume direct responsibility for the overall operation and maintenance of the pool including lighting, filtration, sanitation, and overall safety of the facility. Complete daily safety checks of pool equipment and the surrounding pool area. Maintain standards of safety and sanitation in compliance with all regulations, policies, and guidelines.
* Monitor, maintain, and adjust pool filtration, mechanical, and chemical feed systems; monitor pool water chemistry through testing of water samples; knowledge and ability to troubleshoot and adjust chemistry as needed to maintain standards and proper storage. Perform various pool maintenance functions including back-washing, cleaning baskets and filters, and vacuuming the pool. Report maintenance issues of the pool equipment, building or grounds. Maintain all logs.
* Manage and oversee staff for life guarding, lessons, concessions and front desk; by planning, scheduling (to assure adequate aquatic coverage during hours of operation and rentals), supporting/filling in, and organizing workloads and staff assignments. Monitor time sheets for staff. Enforce lifeguard staff rotation.
* Teach and mentor new staff (i.e. swim instructors and lifeguards).
* Prepare employee performance evaluations, handle grievances at the informal level, and resolve disciplinary problems, or recommends their resolution to higher levels.
* Responsible for opening and closing procedures/securing facility. Responsible for preparing facility for opening day and shutdown at end of season. Close out cash register, count money, complete daily cash reports and lesson registration reports, and submit money collected and documentation to Supervisor. Complete and submit RFP’s and PO’s in a timely manner.
* Maintain and submit pertinent records in respect to daily/monthly patron admissions and revenue, lesson registration, sanitary water conditions (chemical readings), backwashing, accidents, rescues and assists, and first aid.
* Assume duties of a lifeguard when necessary; guarding pool area, and preventing accidents by enforcing the safety rules, policies, and regulations.
* Create a positive experience by conducting activities in and out of the water for all ages and builds relationships by emphasizing customer service to staff and providing quality seamless customer service to all patrons.
Our ideal candidate will have:
* Any combination equivalent to: Aquatics experience including 1 year in aquatic supervision and 2 years lifeguarding, pool maintenance, and/or swim instruction.
* Current certifications in Lifeguarding, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, and First Aid.
* Ability to successfully pass the District Water tests.
* Water Safety Instructor, AFO/CPO, and Lifeguard Training Instructor preferred.
* Flexibility to work shifts ranging from morning to evening hours and weekends.
* Must be at least 19 years of age at the time of application.
As a Foothills employee, you’ll enjoy:
* Competitive pay
* Flexible schedule
* Training and promotion from within
* FREE use of our recreation/fitness centers, swimming pools, and ice arena for the employee and their spouse & children
* Discounts on recreation classes and golf
Creating Community, Enhancing Health, Inspiring Play! We fulfill our mission by providing a variety of recreational services, programs and activities for both youth and adults. We operate three recreation centers, two golf courses, a two-sheet ice arena, swimming pools, and two indoor sports facilities. In addition, we maintain 68 park sites and over 30 miles in trails. Joining our team means you will contribute to the wellbeing of your community.