Foothills is seeking a Musical Director for the Foothills Youth Theater summer musical camp. This position is responsible for the musical aspects of the performance camp including musical instruction, casting and rehearsals. This position works under the direction of the Arts & Events Assistant and will work as a team with the director, stage manager and choreographer. Must be available for the entire camp process including auditions, rehearsals and performances.
RATE: $17.00 per hour
- Responsible for the musical aspects of the youth musicals including but not limited to, musical instruction, casting, and rehearsals.
- Responsible for communicating effectively between the team - including artistic staff, outside contractors, volunteers etc. Utilize any support staff including Arts & Events Assistant or Stage Manager to initiate and organize these communications.
- Responsible for working within the production budget, clearly communicating set, prop and costume needs in advance to the Arts & Events Assistant.
- Be prepared, creative and energized when directing.
- Respond to public inquiries in a courteous manner; provide information within the area of assignment; resolve complaints in an efficient and timely manner.
Attend and participate in production meetings, staff meetings, training's, and orientations
As a Foothills employee, you will enjoy:
* Competitive pay
* Flexible schedule
* Training and promotion from within
* FREE use of our recreation/fitness centers, swimming pools, and ice arena
* Discounts on recreation classes and golf
Creating Community, Enhancing Health, Inspiring Play! We fulfill our mission by providing a variety of recreational services, programs and activities for both youth and adults. We operate three recreation centers, two golf courses, a two-sheet ice arena, swimming pools, and two indoor sports facilities. In addition, we maintain 68 park sites and over 30 miles in trails. Joining our team means you will contribute to the well-being of your community.